Cannabis consumption in the United States happens for many reasons. Some people enjoy the sedating effects, whereas some are interested in the potential pain relief aspect. It’s vital to note that not everyone may experience the same effects from identical weed strains. This guide has all you need to know about choosing the right cannabis strain for you and what you hope to experience. We’ll explore the different weed strain categories and names, popular marijuana strains and their benefits, and how to choose marijuana based on its benefits and sought effects.
Types of Cannabis Strains
There are three plant species of cannabis that you need to know about: Sativa, Indica and Hybrid. These three kinds of weed can enhance your day differently and bring about different experiences. These experiences differ because of THC and CBD levels and knowing the differences will help you identify the best strain for your desired experience.
- Sativa: These strains are high in THC, low in CBD and other chemicals, and provide a stimulating experience. Sativa can help with creativity and focus and is used with these goals in mind. Some of the most popular Sativa strains in the U.S. include Durban Poison, Super Silver Haze and Jack Herer.
- Indica: This kind of flower is high in CBD and is chosen for its therapeutic properties. People add Indica flower to their lifestyles for many reasons, including to help with sleep, mitigate pain and unwind after a long day. Top Indica strains include Hindu Kush, Afghan Kush and Granddaddy Purple.
- Hybrid: These plants are used for a mixture of the same reasons you would commonly choose Sativa and Indica for. Hybrid plants provide a broad spectrum of CBD and THC levels, so you can really tailor your experience when choosing a hybrid flower. Common examples of hybrid strains include Trainwreck, Pineapple Express and Blue Dream.
“What’s the deal with cannabis names and where do they come from?” is a popular question. Some of the names are nothing short of weird and wonderful. Check out our linked article to find out more about where your favorite strains got their name.
Marijuana Strains and Their Benefits
Cannabis has a myriad of observed benefits, hence why it’s now so popular in the U.S. This section outlines some of the most popular reasons for using cannabis flowers and some strains that may help you realize these goals. Remember that effects can differ on a unique basis and that these are the most reported effects of these strains. It’s reasonable to assume that you’re likely to experience the same reported efforts as the majority of other people, so pay attention to the type of strains we list below.
- Weed Strains for Pain Relief: Indica are the best strains to help manage pain, so it’s essential to keep that in mind or find a hybrid high in CBD. Top choices for pain relief include Blueberry, Northern Lights and White Widow. Weed can be great for people looking for natural pain relief.
- Weed Strains for Energizing Effects: Sativa-dominant strains are exactly what you need for a little pick-me-up. Super Lemon Haze, Green Crack and Golden Goat are all popular choices for people seeking out the energizing effects of a Sativa flower. Some people swear by the energizing effects of their favorite strain and opt for a morning smoke instead of a coffee.
- Weed Strains for Relaxing Effects: Choosing an Indica can help you relax after a long day. Popular Indica strains for relaxing include Northern Lights, Blue Cheese and Remedy. A great way you can add to your relaxing experience is lighting up a weed odor removal candle. Our candles help the smell from your relaxing strain disappear.
- Weed Strains for Boosting Creativity Effect: Sativa or Sativa-dominant hybrids are linked to boosting creativity. Medicating with strains including Blue Dream, Sour Diesel and Girl Scout Cookies is popular with people looking to get creative. An odor removal spray can help remove the distraction of lingering weed odors and get you into a creative mindset as soon as you’ve smoked. Getting started on that challenging work project can be easier with the help of your Sativa flower and our odor removal spray.
- Weed Strains for Sleep Aid: CBD-dominant strains are the kind of flower most likely to help you sleep. Avoiding the more energizing CBD strains is essential, so if you’re going for a hybrid, make sure it leans towards Indica. Top strains for sleep aid include Gorilla Glue, Granddaddy Purple and Cherry Pie. A good night’s sleep can be yours with the help of one of these popular strains.
How to Pick a Weed Strain – Final Thoughts
Choosing the best weed strain for you really depends on what you’re looking for at that moment in time. Some days you’ll want to get creative and on others, you’ll want to relax. What you’re in the mood for hugely impacts the weed strain for you. There are so many strains available today that you’re quite literally spoiled for choice.
Having the ability to make an educated choice is invaluable and we hope that this guide has dispelled some of the confusion surrounding the different types of weed strains and how they can help you. It’s up to you how you choose to medicate with your favorite flower, and thanks to this guide, you can tailor your experience based on your mood.
You May Also Like: